Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meet The Teacher!

Happy Tuesday fellow bloggers! I was browsing through my bloglovin feed and came across this pretty neat linky! Trina at The Ordinary to Extraordinary Classroom created this! I'm a day late on posting this on a Monday but who's judging?? 

Meet the Teacher Monday: Summer Edition
1. What's your summer teacher persona? 

  • Slacker Teacher:catching up on every episode of everything you wanted to watch during the school year 
  • Mommy-On-The-Go: consumed with your children's extracurricular activities
  • Summer Fun Teacher:hanging with friends and traveling the world
  • Overachiever Teacher:Making TPT products, proparing your classroom, you never really took a break
Unfortunately, I work for a center that is insession year around. However, we are all entiled to half days and vacation time during the summer as our numbers are typically lower so I'd have to say that my summer teacher persona is a mix between the overachiever and the summer fun teacher! I definitely take advantage of my vacation times. J and I have been to Massachusetts, Orlando and Miami since the summer started. When I am back on the classroom though, I am totally fpcused on my students and how to make my room a better learning environment.  

2. It's a sunny day in July. Your schedule is wide open, so you decide to?
I would wake up leisurely around 8/830 and take my fur babies for a walk around the trail by our house, make a cup of coffee and browse my favorite blogs then get ready and try one of the many local and new restaurants down town before gorging myself on episode after episode of Orange is the New Black.-are we judging yet?! 


3.What is your favorite summer thirst quencher?
My " I am still only 23" answer would be Shipyard's Melonhead Ale. It is so refreshing and delicious but only found three months out of the year. My "professional teacher" answer would be a Nutella Frap specially concocted by my adorable boyfriend. 

4. Where will you be soaking up the summer sun? Have you planned any vacations? 
We have already been to Massachusetts, Orlando and Miami. I believe this summer is all travelled out! 

5. Any summer reads, professional and personal?
I was definitely one of THOSE girls and sped read "The Fault in Our Stars". I finished it before I saw the movie and loved both equally. I am now on the hunt for a new good read. 

6. What does your summer TV habits consist of?
Lately, J and I have been obsessed like OBSESSED with the food network. We have been binge watching Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen like it is nobody's business! I am also a sucker for Pretty Little Liars, The Fosters, Switched at Birth, and Teen Mom... Yes, I said it and you definitely have permission to judge now! 

7. What is your favorite summer song of 2014?
Hands Down "Where It's At" by Dustin Lynch! 


I hope you enjoyed meeting me! 
-Sarah 



3 comments:

  1. Oh yes! PLL is AMAZING. Ezra melts my heart for sure HAHA. I'm jealous you get to travel. Living on an island has its disadvantages for sure. I miss Massachusetts, and want to visit Boston again one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you. You work year-round and you've gone on more vacations. I need to live a little more. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't jumped on the "Fault in my Stars" bandwagon yet.... it is on my list though. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete