Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, America!

So you will quickly come to learn that holidays are probably one of my favorite things like ever! The classroom I currently teach in only has six children which is much smaller than I’m used to but, it definitely has some major perks such as allowing for some cute and detailed projects.


To celebrate Americas birthday, my toddlers and I created handprint flag shirts, firework art, red-white-blue collages, their interpretation of a flag, and candle holders which are not pictured. On Thursday, we all wore our shirts and marched around the school in a ‘parade’. After seeing the smiles on their faces and the overwhelming compliments on the shirts, I’d say this 4th was a success!

As for the time spent outside of the classroom, our night consisted of great food, bonding time with family and friends, and fireworks in a microwave-although not the safest or most traditional, it was a perfect night!


I hope you all had a fun and safe 4th! 
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment