Friday, September 26, 2014

Five for Friday!

Oh my goodness! A Five for Friday ON A FRIDAY! This will be the first in two or three weeks! 
I am going to jump right into it! 


So, first, I just have to talk about this weather! Last Saturday, I left the house wearing a scarf..and jeans...If you have read my blog for a while, you will know that I live oceanside in Sarasota, Florida..y'all it was legitimately chilly last Saturday! Granted, it warmed up around noon but still! I also finally jumped on the pumpkin bandwagon and made my first pumpkin K-cup this morning. 

As beautiful as I think Florida is, I miss the changes in the seasons, hearing the leaves crunch beneath my boots, being able to comfortably wear a jacket all day...*sigh*

I will never get over how adorable my little furbabes are-especially when they are sporting their daddy's favorite football team! 

Sunday was perfect. We leisurely woke up, J had to run into work quickly and I finished up lesson plans. Then we ran a few quick errands, got suited up in our patriots apparel, made some yummy eats-which were not photographed due to me being wayyy to hungry, and watched the Pats kill the Raiders! 

I feel like I talk about this...a lot but, I am very passionate about exposing the children in my class to mess/sensory play. I have learned to ignore the nasty comments from certain staff members in my center such as "Why would you want to clean all that up?" "ugh you let them make that big of a mess?" "uh..they are going to get dirty"... BECAUSE IT IS FUN!!

We covered the table with cool whip and food coloring on wednesday.- I used to use shaving cream when I had 3 1/2s-4s but I am nervous that at 2, it might get in their mouths so, I bought a big tub of cool whip, threw on some aprons and let them go crazy! 

I am so excited for this weekend because my momma and I are going to spend lots of time together! We are going up to Tampa tomorrow to go shopping and have lunch then, on Sunday we are going to see Cirque Du Soleil's Varekai in Naples! 


But first....
Helloooo Handsome! I will be leaving work early today as I have a date with this gorgeous man! 
As the summer wraps up, there are two more "can't miss" concerts. Luke Bryan performs tonight-completely sold out-it will be CRAZY. 

And, my second love, Jason Aldean will be here in October! 



Go on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link up with Kacey for Five for Friday! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you do mess/sensory play. I used to use shaving cream on tables to help with sound recognition and spelling words with my low kiddos. Don't let those other teachers keep you from doing what's right for your kids. :-)
    Ryan
    The Disneyfied Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and stopping by!
      Sarah

      Delete