Saturday, September 20, 2014

Five for Fraterday!

Y'all, I am getting horrible about posting this link up on Friday and I don't like it! I hope all of you ladies and gentlemen had a wonderful week! I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! 

At my center, the whole month of September is the Community Helpers unit. We break it up into four weeks/categories. This past week was Doctors, Dentist, and Nurses. 

Meet the future doctors of America...


three smiling
five looking at the camera
six precious little babies
i'll take it! 



With football season in full effect, our little family is all geared up! 

yes, both of our puppies have jerseys...and collars...and food/water bowls... judge us

I am planning a yummy blog post for a early October complete with 5 tasty tailgating/ football party snacks and treats! 


So, on Thursday, I was startled by an overdramatic parent running into my room screaming that I had a "HUGE NAIL AND FLAT TIRE"... I (after grabbing another teacher to supervise my class) ran outside to check and took pictures for J...for those of you that don't know, 1. I know nothing about cars 2. I have an irrational fear of breaking down. He told me to relax and that I would be fine to drive home. He said to call if anything happened and he would be right there. 



Needless to say, my tire wasn't flat..at all. There was a nail but it didn't puncture completely through. 

Such a good little egg he is! 



See that charming fellow on the right? That is O. He is 18 and has recently committed himself to at least six years in the United States Air Force. He is J's brother and has become like a brother to me in throughout the course of J's and my relationship. On September 9th, he was sworn into the Air Force and left for basic training in San Antonio, Texas. I could not be more proud of him. It is a little scary to think that we won't see of talk to him until November 6th. It is scary that we don't know how the world is going and what he could face but, we are all thankful. We are thankful that men and women like him put their lives on the line each day for our safety and protection. We are proud that he has chosen to serve his country. 

My center and I are making a banner for him and thank you cards to all of the men and women in his training squadron for me to present at his basic training graduation in November. 

Speaking as a daughter and a niece of a veteran and now a "sister" to an airman, never take your freedom for granted! 


And on that note, 


Have a great weekend! 


4 comments:

  1. Your kiddos are so tiny! I still can't believe you teach that young, I would go crazy. Have a great weekend! I'm off to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have my fair share of rough days but, I love what I do!

      Delete
  2. I applaud you greatly for your work that you do!! I appreciate preschool teachers SOOOO much because there is so much learning that happens before they come to me in kinder. My mom and sister teach preschool too! I love the pics of your community helpers - and they were almost all ready for the picture! We take what we can get for pictures right? I have 26 little kinder friends so it is a miracle if they are all looking at the camera! Glad I found your blog in the Five for Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex! Thank you for stopping by! I definitely got a reality check during my first year of toddler teaching but, I wouldn't change it for the world. I love my little ones and seeing them hit all of their developmental milestones is so rewarding.

      Delete