Saturday, August 23, 2014

Five for Saturday!

Hello Weekend! This week was wonderfully chaotic! Our 'first day' was Monday the 18th-being that I work at a preschool, we are open year around but on Monday, we welcomed 40 new children to our center! 

On this lovely, Saturday morning, I will be linking up with Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday



During my lunch break on Monday, I sent out my FIRST slant box. For this match up, I am sending to Angela from Fun in Fourth. I can not wait for her to receive her package. 




For my birthday, I received an amazing set of brand new stainless steel pots and pans by my super sweet parents and a Chopped cookbook from my perfect boyfriend. I have always loved cooking and baking so both of these were perfect gifts. I wasted no time breaking out my new toys. The first meal I made was: 


Apple and thyme stuffed pork chops over a bed of sautéed greens and a baked potato.  

On a more casual note, tacos are a big hit in this household. We both appreciate and love quick and easy meals. In this house, "Taco Night" is more commonly referred to as "Kitchen Counter Tacos" This started because one night that we were making tacos, we were both starving and just started eating as soon as food became ready-instead of waiting for everything to be done at once and eating at the table. 

Yes, we he is standing in the kitchen eating...yes, I am sitting on the kitchen counter. Hey, traditions are traditions, right? 



What is a week without these adorable furbabies!? I can't believe little yodaman is 5 now!! We spent last Saturday downtown at the Farmers Market. I love taking them down there because they get to meet a ton of doggy friends and they just love all the sights and smells. 


So, if you have ever read any of my other blog posts, you'll know that family time makes my heart so happy. My sister is in town for summer break so I am making every effort I can to spend a ton of time with her. This past Wednesday, we met for dinner with our parents. My mom is anti cameras but my dad is a selfie master so... 





So, this handsome fellow:
nominated me to the ALS Ice Bucket challenge...yes, a 5 year old nominated me. Obviously, I couldn't let this sweet face down so...



I hope you all have fabulous weekends! 
-Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! No package yet... I'm sure it will be here sometime this week. Your puppies are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady at the post office was very unhelpful in aiding me with what shipping option to go with. I think the one I picked said it should be there within 10 days of me shipping it!

      Delete