Friday, August 8, 2014

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday, fellow bloggers! 

It's crazy that it is already Friday! I took off Wednesday-Friday this week at work because J's brothers are in town and time has just been flying by but, we have been having a great time! 

O and Keeg arrived Saturday the 31st in Tampa, J and I drove up to pick them up and we had dinner at Red Robin (yummmmm!) My heart is just so full when they are here. J moved down to Florida from Massachusetts 7 years ago and since then, they have only seen each other a handful of times. Plus, I have always wanted brothers and these two welcomed me into their family very quickly and didn't waste anytime before starting to mess with me haha! 

Anyways, this Five for Friday linky with Doodle Bugs Teaching is mostly a picture montage filled with family fun! 



Can I just tell you what a sickening obsession I have with salted caramels? Well it is way over the top! The last time we were in MA, in June, we went to an ice cream place called Putnam Pantry-oh my goodness!- This place is an ice cream shop with all homemade ice creams and then they have a 'do it yourself' toppings bar like at a frozen yogurt place. After you're done stuffing your face with ice cream, they also have a candy shop where again, everything is homemade. When we went, I bought a box of 6 salted caramel rectangles (the bottom box) and I was in salted caramel heaven! I was so shocked when the boys arrived with 12 salted caramel logs AND chocolate covered salt caramels. yum yum yum! 



So flip side of me gorging on salted caramels...I have started using the It Works wraps! I am not (at least yet) going to do a review or post result pictures because 1. I am super self conscious and 2. I have noticed a changed but, I want to see a bigger change and more visible results. 


So, last week, I talked about the flesh eating bacteria that has infested the Florida salt waters...yep we are still steering clear of the beach! (Well, we went an walked on the sand but, we are not touching the water!) 

Thankfully though, my momma has a pool at her house so Wednesday, the four of us spent the whole day beachin'...poolin'! We also all have Lifeproof cases now thanks to J so naturally, we all tested them out! They definitely did work! 




Well, of course I decided to play Susie homemaker again and I will be making dinner for 7-10 people tonight. I have taken the challenge to make dinner for everyone 8-12 people before and I just love it! J's grandparents on both sides live here and my parents live here so a home cooked meal for 8 is not big deal! This time, I chose spaghetti and homemade meatballs! I prepped and made the meatballs last night so that today, all I have to do is make the sauce, heat the meat balls, make the spaghetti and garlic bread! If it was up to me, I'd make everything but the relatives are stubborn so my momma will be bringing salad and J's grandparents will be bringing dessert! 





Of, course, we have been taking many selfies and group pictures as well! I just love having them here and wish time would stop going so fast! 



I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable weekend! 
-Sarah









3 comments:

  1. Flesh eating bacteria?!?!?! EWWWWWWW. I would steer clear, too! In NC so many of our beaches have EColi warnings, so we have been steering clear, too! I'll be anxious to hear what you say about the wraps!! That is something I have considered, too!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ecoli!? yikes! I guess no body of water is safe haha! I will definitely do a review or something after a few more wraps...I just don't think I could give a true review just yet! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. You have been up to so much! I too want to hear about the wraps. I believe they work, but I'm curious if it stays that way after you stop.... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete