Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday!

Hey Y'all! I am linking up with the fabulous Kacey from Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday!

So, this week was weird. July 31st, an 18 and a 16 year old arrived at my house. Sadly, on the 12th, they left. These boys are two of the sweetest, most helpful and polite teenagers I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and, they happen to be my boyfriends brothers. I took off from work last Wednesday-Friday to spend some extra time with them because they live in Massachusetts and we don't get to see them as often as we'd like. O, the 18 year old will also be leaving on September 9th to join the United States Air Force. I know that I haven't known him for that long but, I have developed a certain fondness for him. I could not be anymore proud of him but, I am also very sad/worried/excited/nervous/etc. (it's the motherly side of me) BUT anyways, here goes my five for Friday! 


So, I got was gifted a Nikon D5000. I have always loved the art of photography and, I have always wanted to buy a nice camera to take pictures with however, I'm a fan of the $800+ price tag that comes with a DSLR. My sweet, sweet sister is a photography minor and had an extra DSLR "laying around" that she gifted to me! I am IN LOVE! The quality that this camera puts out is incredible! 



My first two pictures with my new tech-baby. Princess Chloe and Mr. Yoda



Naturally, these northern boys that were staying at our house wanted to see the number one beach in America while they were here so, here it is for you folks as well (again, courtesy of the Nikon D5000) Siesta Key Beach-Sarasota,Florida. It's funny how much of a reality check I get every time I go to Siesta. Living here, I try to stay as far away from the beach as possible because of the tourists, traffic and... tourists but, when I do get down there, I realize how lucky I am and that I truly do live in a beautiful city! 




There is nothing that fills my heart like some good ol' family time! I decided that we would have everyone over for dinner since the boys were in town and of course, that called for a photo shoot! Here are a few after dinner shots!

my beautiful momma&I

the brothers and one set of grandparents



 birthday selfie&&birthday kisses from my chlobug


Oh, hey! I am also 23 now! Yep, yep that is right..the big 2-3! 

My birthday actually started on Wednesday night. J told me to pick any restaurant I wanted and he would pick up take out. I ended up picking Chili's because I was craving crispers and I also ended up meeting him there because, they have one of our favorite desserts that is best served hot! But I was still very impressed with the thoughtfulness and sweet gesture.
Margaritas, Chicken Crispers and a Skillet Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie.


The lovely ladies at work surprised me with teaching my kids to sing "Happy Birthday" to me upon my arrival, cupcakes and a sweet card. 

My adorable boyfriend also WAY out did himself and shocked and spoiled me with two cookbooks-one being from Chopped, which is our favorite tv show, Pandora charms and rings, roses delivered to my school, 10 cards, a sweet note, and he says there is more to come!

how perfect is this wrapping paper?!?

We went to dinner with my family at my favorite Thai restaurant in the next city over from us. My parents/sister also way out did themselves with a brand new Stainless Steel pot and pan set, pandora beads, mixing bowls and cookware, a coffee mug, 14 cards, agenda, and the most amazing German Chocolate cake I have ever tasted!


This little guy and I happen to be birthday twins! He turns 5 years old today! 


Are you in love with his birthday bandana as much as I am?!


Yoda will be treated to a Wendy's cheeseburger  and a "Pupcake"-dog friendly cupcake- on Saturday after spending the day with some other furfriends and perusing the downtown Farmers Market. (we may both be a little...a LOT spoiled) 

J and I have decided that starting tomorrow (Saturday) we will try to go vegetarian. We are not necessarily committing to a total lifestyle change but we both want to start eating better and although we don't eat terribly bad now, we want to be a lot more cautious of what we are putting into our bodies. I plan to keep track of how we do via here and my Instagram. I think this will be fun and excited especially since we are doing it together! 




I hope you all have amazing weekends! 
-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You and your puppy are both spoiled, but would you have it any other way?

    ReplyDelete