Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday!

Happy August Y'all! I am linking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the first Five for Friday of August! 

I love the month of August. It brings so much excitement from Back to School, My Birthday and the continuation of amazing summer concerts here in the bay area! I am pretty excited to share with you what I am excited about! 


First off, Jameson at Lessons With Coffee finally posted the SLANT BOX match ups for this month. (If you don't know what that is, I HIGHLY recommend for you to click that link!) I can not even express how excited I am! I first came across SLANT boxes in June as I was creeping researching IG hashtags. I was very sad to also find out that I was too late to sign up for the June/July boxes so I just continued to stalk look at all of the posts in envy. But! The second Jameson opened up the August sign ups, I hoped on the bandwagon. I was matched up with Angela from Fun in Fourth to send to and Kristy from The Librarian Life to receive from and I can not wait to get to know them and to start my shopping/crafting! 



Yesterday, the 31st, J's two younger brothers started their drive down here from Massachusetts. They are stopping along the way but think that they will arrive on Sunday. They will be staying with us until the 12th and I can not wait! O is 18 and going into the Air Force in September and K is 16 and a Junior in high school. I have always wanted a brother but was instead blessed with a sister. O and K made me feel welcome before I even met them! They are the goofy, protective, crazy brothers I never had and they get absolutely spoiled when they come here! I have taken a few days off work so that we can all spend time together. Although we don't have any set plans, I am SURE we will have a blast! 


So many do not know this but August 14 is actually a national holiday! Yep, it is true! It happens to be my birthday! I can't believe I am turning 23 (even more insane is that my sister turns 21 in December) I spent four hours the other night looking at old photo albums and boxes with my momma and it is so crazy to see how much I have changed since high school! [insert photo montage here:]
Circa 1991

2010-oh heyyy college! 

2013 

2014



Call me lame but, I found a new chocolate chip cookie recipe the other day and I tried it out...oh my goodness! Holy deliciousness! I tried a batch of two dozen out on J and they were gone within an hour! (who doesn't love a classic chocolate chip cookie though?) Anyways, since O and K are coming into town and both sets of their grandparents live within 20 minutes of us, I see a few family get togethers and dinners. J and I...I am usually responsible for bringing desserts and this will be perfect! 
Recipe? 
Here ya go:
  • 1 Cup melted butter
  • 1 Cup white sugar
  • 1 Cup brown sugar
  • 2 Eggs (room temp)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp hot water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 Cups of flour 
  • 2-2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients well. Drop tsp sized cookies about 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350*



Finally, we currently live in an apartment complex with a community pool. We have been in that pool two times since we moved here 8 months ago. I just feel uncomfortable in the same water as all these strangers haha! Luckily for us, my parents live 15 minutes away and have a pool on their back lanai! We have been banned from the pool for the past two months because some freak disease has inhibited Florida waters (look it up here) and my parents have a salt water pool so it had to be tested by a lab 4 cities over. We finally got the "all clear" on monday! If you need us, we will be lounging poolside all day Saturday and possibly Sunday until the boys get here! 



Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog!! Glitter makes everything better :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! I totally agree, glitter makes my world go 'round! Haha

      Delete
  2. OMG! That crazy water disease sounds so freaky! No body wants flesh-eating disease. Yikes! Where I live, people basically just have plastic pools. Haha. No sense when you've got snow for 8 months of the year. Looks beautiful though! Happy Friday/August/Back to School/Almost your Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you for all the celebrations! And yes that disease virus thing is totally "ick" as my class would say and I am swearing off the beach for a LONG time!

      Delete