Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sensory Boxes!

Hey y'all! If you've followed me for a while now, you'll know that sensory play is a big thing for me. Some of the teachers here that are "anti-mess" teachers (as I like to call them) look at me like I have three heads because I will do anything with my class! 

We have made our own playdoh, oobleck, galaxy slime, sand play, water play, shaving cream, frosting, cool whip, noodles, you name it, we've probably done it! 

I know that not every teacher approves of this kind of play but it is important to me and I like to include it in our lessons every day so, if I am out of work or sick, I have made a few easy "cheater" sensory bags.


Basically, these are premade sensory experiences that will keep your children entertained and clean. 

My plan with these are to just dump the bags and then add something simple such as blocks, cars, little people,etc to add different textures.

Easter Grass 

Mardi Gras beads-cut into smaller sections 

Colored confetti 

Yarn 

Textured and patterned ribbon 

Rice 

Rocks-obviously A LOT of teacher supervision is needed here 

Paper shreds 

Sand dollars. 



What do you use for sensory experiences in your classroom? 

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for following my blog! Im following you back!
    Im also from Florida, & ive thought about becoming a preschool teacher recently. . I have a few questions about the career. Can I contact you about it?
    Btw i love the sensory bags. I might do this with my toddler soon.

    Miyaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete