Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Have You Heard?!

About Those Crazy Wrap Things?!


I don't know about where you're from but here, It Works! wraps came out of no where. Living oceanside, everyone always strives for the perfect 'beach body' so, work out regimes, diets, pills, tricks, etc. come and go-FAST! 

I try very hard to live a healthy lifestyle and I am not one for cop out strategies to loose weight however, since I was 15, I have had major weight issues. I have always been active and at my lowest weight, I was 115lbs. (17-19 yrs. old) my highest, 180 lbs. (21 yrs. old) currently 130 lbs (23 yrs. old) and I am happy! I am not going to lie and say I work out everyday because I definitely do NOT however, J and I do eat at home 6 out of 7 nights and we prepare decently healthy meals. I don't resist sweet treats or skip meals to save a few calories I just live. I try to make it to the gym or go for a run at least once or twice a week because that is a realistic goal for me. I am sure a lot of you can agree, it is hard to balance school, teaching, personal lives, children if applicable, and working out in one day. 

Like I said before, I am happy with my weight currently and I am in no rush to loose more because 130 is a healthy weight for me. However, I do want to be more toned and fit in some areas and that is why I started researching the It Works! products. 

I was very skeptical at first. I thought it was a little silly that a flimsy wrap was believed to make any sort of a difference but I was proven wrong. 

One of the parents in my classroom is a rep for It Works! Her and I are pretty close so it wasn't awkward or hard for me to talk to her about them. She told me that her mother was using them and showed me several before and after pictures of other women who had used them. At the end of our conversation, she offered me a free wrap to try and if I liked it or saw results, she said that she would sign me up. 

One box of four wraps retails for $99.00-it is expensive so, I didn't want to spend that kind of money on something that wouldn't work. I was very grateful that she allowed me to try one for free. 


WRAPPING REVIEW
*It is very important to take before and after pictures*

Each of the wraps comes folded up in a small white package. I opened the package and my first thought was "woah!" The wraps are made from a totally plant based formula so the smell was a little strong-it smells really good it is just a strong herbal scent that I wasn't expecting. So, I unfolded the wrap and there is a brown lotion-y type content on one side you apply that to the area you are going to focus on. I chose my stomach. I laid the wrap on my stomach and then saran wrapped it to hold it into place. Lauren, my consultant said the first time you wrap, you should leave it on for 45 minutes and to drink LOTS of water so, I did. It was very cold and kind of tingly. I went about my chores while I wore it and the 45 minutes flew by. 

I took the wrap off, wiped off the excess lotion and took 'after' pictures. well, it worked! 

I saw immediate results after one so, I decided to become a 'loyal customer' of hers which means that you sign on to a 3 month auto fill of products at a discounted price. 

1 box of four wraps is usually $99 as a loyal customer, it is $59. You are able to switch the product you get each month as well and they have a whole line of items such as a green drink mix, hair skin and nails formula, and wrinkle creams. 




I highly recommend the It Works! brand.






*all reviews and opinions are my own and were not sponsored or endorsed.*

2 comments:

  1. I have wondered about these. Would you say the results are forever, or you must keep wrapping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angela! For me, the results have been permanent as long as I keep eating right and exercising as well. I don't limit myself to certain foods or a diet but, I do try to eat healthy and then if I do have something sweet, I will just go on a walk or jog a few miles!

      Delete