Friday, October 3, 2014

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday Y'all. It is so crazy that we are already into October-although, if you live in Florida, it still feels like the middle of July. Anyways, I am going to jump right into my Five for Friday hosted by Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

 I tried out a few new dinner recipes this week and our favorite was the Apple Braised Pork Chops with onions and cider. It was so quick and easy to make and super delicious! Obviously, if you are not a pork person, you can use chicken! We served this with a roasted veggie medley. 


I have also developed a new found love for Avocado Toast. This yummy concoction I made yesterday morning. 8 minutes and 100% yummy-and healthy! 


Unfortunately, my brand new baby is at the car doctors. We have been having some very nasty stormy weather lately and we ended up in a wreck Monday night. We were running a quick errand after dinner and took a side street that we didn't know flooded out. The car in the lane next to us RACED through a huge puddle and kicked all the water onto my windshield so we were blinded for a minute. I stepped on the breaks and the car behind us rammed into the back of us. It is very unfortunate but, accidents happen and we are both okay! 


It was definitely a reality check on how quickly things can happen though. 


I was able to spend some weekday time with my two favorite babes due to the accident this week and it was very nice. They helped me plan lessons, find recipes, and browse future home ideas via Pinterest, we went to the dog park a few times, they went swimming and they got groomed. 

My little girl is all shaved! 

Shibas are 'cold weather' dogs so, they have a thick undercoat. This little girls was starting to come out so we made a quick trim to the doggy parlor. 


My dad is a pretty awesome guy! He is an ambassador for a new car concept called the Rimac. This is much like the Tesla and various other fully electric car models but, the Rimac is a race car...yeah, an electric race car! He is the first person in America that will have the Rimac and his model will be VIN Number 01-as in the first one made-that's pretty cool, right? 
That's My Daddy! 

Well, he has been working closely with the engineers and developers on the car and as a thank you, they sent our family two fully electric bicycles called Greyp's. They arrived last Friday and my dad broke them out of their crates on Tuesday night. 




We finally found a place to move to! We were really serious about finding a place to buy but, a few things came up that prevented us from going through with that so, we will be renting again. Small steps are okay for now! We get our keys October 28th! So for now, my weekends will be filled with packing, cleaning, packing, Patriots, and cleaning! 


Have a fabulous weekend y'all! Thank you for stopping by! 

1 comment: