Tuesday, November 25, 2014

So...I have an announcement...

So, some of you know this and some don't...


I am giving up teaching! 



..only for a year. 

I have been presented with an amazing opportunity to go back to school to work towards my goal of being a special needs teacher. 

This wasn't the easiest decision to make but it is what is best for me and teaching children with special needs has always been my ultimate goal. With the help and support of my amazing family and darling boyfriend, I will resign from my current position of "toddler teacher" at the center I am at next week.  I am enrolled full time at a university around us for classes starting in January. 

Some may ask,"why not go to school part time/night classes/online  and still work?" Well, that was my original plan however, a full semester-6 classes of pre-requisites to get into the program are only offered on campus and during the day. I asked my former director if she could accommodate me in any way so that I could do both and she completely shot it down. I approached my family about it and they all agreed-if bettering myself and advancing my education isn't that important to her then I probably don't need to be working there. 


In this time, I will also be traveling. 
Currently, I have 3 trips planned.


I will be using these trips and learning experiences and to gain more knowledge about other cities as well as myself. 

After this first year of prerequisite classes,my plan is to continue online while interning as a special needs assistant for the school system here.

I do fully plan on returning to this blog in 2015 and will transition into educational posts focusing on special needs!

Until then though, follow my lifestyle blog: Coffee&Glitter
I hope you all enjoy coming on this journey with me! 

2 comments:

  1. Woah. This is big news. Is one of your trips to Fort St. John? Haha. Good for you for taking this big step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news! Congratulations on the opportunity! I hope you continue to blog about your journey!

    ReplyDelete